Wednesday, August 27, 2014

No Fear In Love


I hear a lot of people say that they don't believe in love after they've been hurt or "love hurts". I used to be that way too. My faith in love was completely shot. Now mind you, I've never been in love. I can't say that I have in any of my relationships when I look back. It was more of an infatuation feeling. Trust me, when you're in love, you will know it.


The bible talks a lot about love, but the scripture that stood out to me the most was




I John4:18 (KJV), which says, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear; because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."




Love is described as "the bond of perfectness" (Colossians 3:14, KJV)


First, you have to be in Jesus to understand love. God showed us the ultimate act of love when He sent His only begotten son to die on the cross for our sins so that we shall be saved. (John 3:16, KJV). God loved us before we even knew it.


"We love Him, because he first loved us" I John 4:19

Now I can't compare my earthly relationships to this act of love but it definitely opened my eyes that I was not in love with the person I was in a relationship with. Talking in the earthly sense, what are some ways that you can tell if someone truly loves or care for you?


It's more than just somebody saying "I love you". It's all about ACTIONS. Their actions have to line up with what they are saying. If not, then they are "testi-lying" honey.




One way that you can tell if  the person you are in a relationship with loves you is if they are pushing you closer to God. Your significant other should care more about your soul than anything. They will hold you accountable, pray for you, bring out the best in you, support you, keep their hands off of you until marriage, respect you....can I say that again? RESPECT YOU.




I didn't get NONE of that from any of the relationships I was in. Just because some buys you something on valentines day or take you to the movies every now and then does not mean it's love. Are they pushing you to sin? Are they constantly putting their hands on you? Are they constantly flirting with other people?  Do they always seem to have a bad temper towards you? Are they calling you out of your name? Do they go to church with you?




So no, I was not in love. It was all infatuation from the "cuteness" of being in a relationship. From receiving gifts. From going on dates. Those relationships weren't producing any fruit towards my future. But don't feel like you've wasted your time. If the relationship you were in didn't bring you what you wanted, it surely taught you what you DON'T want.


We have to stop going by how the world describes love because it is twisted. "He popped me in my eye, but I know it's because he loves me." Whaaaaat? Come on. LOVE IS NOT SUPPOSE TO HURT. Oh wait, here's another one. "If you love me, then you would give me some". "I have to test you out before we can start this relationship" You're not suppose to ever compromise your values to find love either.


I encourage everyone to read I Corinthians 13 also know as the chapter of love. This will give you a very CLEAR understanding of what TRUE LOVE really is.


So the next time you feel as if you will "never love again" or you're scared to love again because of a past relationship, read these scriptures and gain you're faith back. GOD CREATED LOVE. IT NEVER FAILS!
Acknowledge. Fix. Keep it Moving.

Other Scriptures on Love
John 15:13
Colossians 3:14
Proverbs 10:12
I John 4:8















No comments:

Post a Comment